Monday, January 26, 2009

The not so Supermom

Okay Okay. So my mom has asked me to post about my experience with cooking french toast. So, knowing that my mom reads Colleen's blog and now that Colleen has given me a delightful blog award, (thank you by the way) all of her friends now have the link to my blog. Needless to say I was quite hesitant to post my cooking story considering that Colleen always has lovely illustrations and amazing outcomes when she shares a recipe (not to mention that hers are all edible). Not only can she cook as if she were a contestant on Top Chef, she is also crafty. She can knit anything you ask, a scarf, a hat, kitten play toys, a car etc. Let me just tell you that I consider changing a diaper while my child is standing up, jumping up and down a craft. Okay, so obviously I cannot compare my cooking experiences with Colleen AKA Supermom, but maybe this will teach you how to fix a nice treat for the dogs or kittens.

Step 1: Pour eggs into bowl (make sure you DO NOT mix them up)
Step 2: Pour any milk, no need to worry how much. Who cares right?
Step 3: Get some bread
Step 4: Pour in the eggs and milk into the frying pan (Reminder to NOT mix them up and make sure the eye is on high so they get nice and burnt)
Step 5: Put in toast.
Step 6: Wonder why it looks nothing like french toast, but more like a burnt fried egg glued onto your toast.
Step 7: Give to the dogs.

Needless to say I ended up making it right and I must say that is was...okay.


PS. Bryce loves his books Colleen :)

4 comments:

colleen said...

Kristin I do believe you were a comedian in a past life. Your french toast story was delightful. I am by no means Supermom, you just get better at it as your kids get bigger. Don't worry about pics either, the humor and honesty in your posts is enough. Although we do like to see little B every now and then.

love ya girl!

kellie said...

I am dying laughing!!! Is this how I instructed you to make french toast??? Girl...you are hilarious! So it turned out better the second time?? Gesh!


Love you,
Mama

Rory, Katie and Norah said...

You would do something like that. And we think you are in fact quite the "supermom". Love when you update!

colleen said...

I love the blog! Your background is just the cutest! See this blogging stuff isn't so hard. Just post anything you feel like saying, and we just love to hear it and support you and yours. Bitch, yell, complain, cry, sneeze, you name it.

Love ya

P.S. I'm working on a car right now, what color do ya want?